Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why everyone needs a Rabbi...even Agnostics!

Twirling the dial on my way to somewhere a few weeks ago, I came across a talk show host, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, who was talking about how everyone needed a Rabbi. Now, while I am not Jewish, I thought I knew what he meant and it intrigued me...

Rabbi means "teacher" in Hebrew. I thought, well, I could use a teacher...and in fact I have a number of them. I have a financial planner, Ed Ward, who is simply a great advisor. I have my personal physician, Dr. Larry (Greenblatt), one of the most caring, attentive and funny personal doctors a guy could have. I have my CPA, Laurel Rich, who keeps me in compliance with the IRS while offering advice on meeting my business retirement goals.

I also have some teachers in my Search and Rescue, my partners in Wealth Counsel LLC, and my law partner, Tom Lofton. Then there's my wife Susan and even my dog, Cosmo, a sometimes "bitey" dog who teaches you to watch what you are doing.

All in all - I have a lot of "Rabbi's" and as such "teachers" in my life - for that I am very thankful. I will strive to keep learning from all of them...while adding more along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment